Difference between Shared Hosting and Reseller Hosting
Confused about shared hosting and reseller hosting! Here we are going to clear your doubt on the difference between shared hosting and reseller hosting.
Difference between shared hosting and reseller hosting has been a hot-button topic in the hosting community for a long time now. Trying to differentiate between shared hosting and reseller hosting may not be as simple as it would seem at first. But anyway, in this article, we have explained in detail. Read on to find best for yourself.
What is Shared Hosting?
Shared hosting requires sharing the server with others, which means several websites are hosted within the same server. You are getting all the resources and tools needed to build and maintain your website. Shared hosting is designed specifically for new bloggers or those with a single website. There’s no doubt that when the traffic on your website increases, you will require to switch to some other hosting service as the server won’t be able to handle the load and it will affect the other sites on the server.
Shared hosting is perfect for company owners and individuals who just need a means of getting their website online. Your host controls what resources are allocated to you, as well as you focus on your website development, email setup, and also domain management.
Benefits of Shared Hosting
As bandwidth, disk space and other resources are effectively shared amongst the many, web hosting servers and maintenance expenses can be discounted to users. This enables your business to create an excellent website with a limited budget.
It's a fact that you need to share resources between several users, however, the website is still managed by the web designer via the control panel. Users are provided with a cPanel control panel that is user-friendly and powerful for managing your web hosting account. It offers a variety of features, like uploading files and photos, checking site statistics, setting up email accounts, accessing the website builder, and adding an SSL certificate to the website. This means that you can make changes to your website via cPanel as required.
One of the best advantages to host your website on a shared server is that it reduces the cost to a great extent. The shared hosting plans start with a minimum price of Rs.99/Month and you can reap tremendous benefits from them. Also, you get sufficient space for your website at this low rate.
- Adequate Resources
Disk space and bandwidth offered by the servers are the most crucial aspects of web hosting. The bandwidth helps business owners to run businesses efficiently. In shared hosting, an adequate amount of bandwidth is offered which can be used to add more resources on your site.
What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller hosting is a type of web hosting in which the account owner may use its allocated hard drive space and bandwidth to host third party websites. The reseller buys wholesale services from the host and then sells them to customers, likely for a profit.
This reliable reseller hosting is wonderful for freelance developers who would like to host multiple client sites or their serial startup owners. Who anticipates the launch of different projects and technical entrepreneurs who would like to take the web hosting to their next business deal. Ever since you purchase a certain amount of bandwidth and server resources from a hosting provider, you can redirect those resources to several clients or websites when you see fit.
Features of Reseller Hosting
- You get the WHM access to split packages and decide your hosting parameters.
- There are cPanel accounts provided to every client so that they can manage their website.
- You can host unlimited domains, custom email accounts, MySQL databases, and much more.
- You can brand your own web hosting company without showing the name of the parent hosting company.
Benefits of Shared Hosting
- Reseller hosting offers you more flexibility and freedom.
- You don’t have to invest high to purchase reseller plan hosting.
- You can earn a good income without the tension of server management.
- In reseller hosting, the server maintenance cost is included in the package itself. If anything goes wrong on the server, your web host will cover the cost of damages.
- It allows you to change themes and user-interface of the control panel which your clients will use, giving you more flexibility.
- All the technical aspects are managed by the web host without any hidden or extra charges.
- You can also make a profit by selling add-ons such as Dedicated IP, SSL Certificate, Backup, Dedicated Hosting, VPS Hosting, Spam Experts, and Domain etc.
To Sum Up
The difference between shared hosting and reseller hosting is that, shared hosting is perfect if you only have one website or you have more than one that you want to manage yourself whereas reseller hosting is perfect for people (like web designers) who manage multiple accounts and they want each one to have their control panel.